Why Our Pub is Great
A stunning setting between Matlock and Bakewell makes The Grouse & Claret a great place to stay, or to simply stop off for a pint of real ale and restaurant-standard food. Housed in a gorgeous 18th Century building, we have all the charm of a historic country pub and the comforts of a contemporary hotel. En-suite guest rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated.
Enjoy the sun and glorious views of the Derbyshire countryside in our beautiful beer garden. We have a light and airy conservatory for those days when it’s sunny but chilly. Alternatively, settle into a booth indoors surrounded by books, pictures and charming country farmhouse décor. See farm-assured chickens gently cook in our rotisserie. Once you detect the slightly salty aroma, you’ll be powerless to resist. Choose from a varied and interesting range of dishes. Rotisserie chicken makes classic favourites like hearty pies and warming curries even more comforting and tasty. Those who like eating out to be a journey of discovery will appreciate the world flavours on our menu. Eating with the family? The children’s menu will keep kids of all ages happy.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus